Arriving Graz by plane
Airport Graz is well connected to airport hubs in Europe with daily connections to
- Munich (4x)
- Frankfurt (4x)
- Duesseldorf (2x)
- Berlin (2x)
- Vienna (4x)
- Zurich (4x)
- Stuttgart (2x)
For further information, please have a look at the actual flightplan.
From Graz airport to the inner city, there are three options:
- Bus 630 (bus stop is right outside the arrivals area of the passenger terminal) to Graz Jakominiplatz (city center) or Graz "Hauptbahnhof" (main station of Graz) (every 60 min, duration 20 min)
- Train (~4 min walk to the platform) to Graz "Hauptbahnhof" (main station of Graz) (every 60 min, duration 10 min)
- Taxis (right outside the arrivals area, ~ 25 €)
More detailed informations on the public transport from the airport is available here.
The main Station in Graz (Graz Hauptbahnhof) is well connected to the conference venue (bus number 58 and 63) as well as to the inner city (tram number 1,3,6,7) and it takes about 20 minutes to get there.
Arriving Vienna by plane
- Both leave every hour and it takes ~2,5 h to Graz
- Prize Bus: 9 €
- Prize Train: 40 € normal prize. Ticket booked in advance (so called Sparschiene) 9 €
- With the Bus you arrive in the city center area (Graz Giradigasse)
- With the train you arrive at Graz "Hauptbahnhof" (main station of Graz) (30 min walk, tram or taxi bring you to the city center)
- Details for all possible connections to Graz from Vienna Airport can be found at the ÖBB website.
Starting on March 17th, there will be a Bus directly from Vienna Airport to Graz City Center (Graz Giradigasse).
Tickets can be booked online here.
Bus from Vienna Airport to Graz
Take the AirportBus from Vienna Airport to Wien Westbahnhof (Line 1187). Station is outside the arriving hall. (every 30 min, duration 40 min, 8 €)
Take the bus (Mein Fernbus / Flixbus) from Wien Westbahnhof to Graz (every hour, duration 2.5 h, 9 €)
You arrive Graz Giradigasse which is city center area
Train from Vienna Airport to Graz
Take the IC train from Vienna Airport to direction Salzburg and get off at Wien Hauptbahnhof (Wien Hbf) (every hour, duration 15 min)
Take the train from Wien Hbf to Graz Hbf (every hour, duration 2.5 h)
You arrive at Graz "Hauptbahnhof" (main station of Graz) (30 min walk, tram or taxi bring you to the city center. Bus 58 and 63 to the conference venue)
Arriving Graz by train
The ÖBB offers low-cost connections (so-called "Sparschiene" tickets) in many European countries. These connections are usually available for early bookings. The main Station in Graz (Graz Hauptbahnhof) is well connected to the conference venue (bus number 58 and 63) as well as to the inner city (tram number 1,3,6,7) and it takes about 20 minutes to get there.
Arriving Graz by car
Graz is close to the motorway A9 (Pyhrn Autobahn: Salzburg/Linz-Graz- Slovenia) and the A2 (Süd Autobahn: Vienna -Graz - Klagenfurt).
Highways to Graz: E59 (from the east and the south), the E66 (from the west) and the E57 (from the north)
Passport and Visas